Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas memories

An Origami Christmas Nativity I created in 1983 in my first parish in New Hyde Park, NY. It features Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus, the three kings and three camels, a donkey and a cow, a deer, some pine trees, some colorful boxes and a large star, besides a number of colorful cranes hanging on the tree, the symbol of peace.
As you can imagine, I have quite a collection of Christmas memories, mainly through photos of sights and sounds I experienced over the years, both in Malta, in New York and here in Oregon. Going back in time, these are some Christmas memories I will always cherish.
Atypical lighted plastic Nativity display popular in the United States.  This particular one was in Baker City at the Colvin residence.
A cute Nativity displayed only by labrador retrievers and a horse.
A Playmobil Nativity from my nephews in Malta. These plastic characters are made in Malta, or at least assembled in a large German factory in Malta which makes thousands of figurines of all kinds. This nativity is complete with a few rabbits, three Kings and Santa Claus.
A flutist statue in New York City


No comments:

Post a Comment