Thursday, November 27, 2014

Being Grateful

This year I am thankful for being here with my new family at St Francis in Bend, Oregon.

I am thankful for parents who set the example for their children, and for children who keep their parents on their toes and frequently on their knees.

I am grateful for the many volunteers who give and share their gifts and talents without asking for anything back in return.
 

I am grateful for my GPS on my phone that can find difficult-to-find addresses in this big city, especially in those winding and distant streets.

I am thankful when seeing our school children and those in our Faith Formation program eagerly participate in various projects and classes we organize for them.

I am grateful for the SAVE Button on the computer, for free WIFI in unexpected places, for e-mail, for 300 daily hits on my blog, for digital photography and for people and friends checking my blog daily.


I am thankful for everyone’s health and well-being, for the many seniors I already visited in hospitals and nursing homes, and for safety on the roads during the holiday season.

I am thankful for my family, the upbringing I had by my parents, for my siblings, and for my two nephews, and friends in Malta, New York and all over Oregon.


I am thankful because even though I’m loaded with work, I cannot be happier working with you, praying with you and simply mingling with all of you. 



I am thankful for my priesthood and my faith, and happy to share both with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment