Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Flashback from the 1970s

Reminiscing through my teenage years, mainly as a seminarian, where I spent 7 glorious years at the Major Seminary in Floriana, while attending the Royal University of Malta from 1970 to 1977. You can see in these photos the changing face of a young Julian Cassar, with the last one even hinting at a receding hair line, which would be full blown by 1977, and gone forever since then. 
They were good years as I formed a great relationship with my classmates and other seminarians, who are presently all priests serving various parishes in Malta. I also enjoyed various hobbies back then, including indoor sports, especially billiards, snooker and table-tennis, as well as photography and classical music. 


Studies included philosophy, church history, scripture, moral and dogmatic theology, liturgy, patrology, canon law, and later on homiletics, psychology and pastoral theology. My home for 7 years, the Major Seminary eventually became the Chancery of the Archdiocese, while the Seminary moved to Tal-Virtu in Rabat a year after I was ordained.

No comments:

Post a Comment