Saturday, January 4, 2014

Remembering my father

My father John as a policeman, 1955
It was 12 years ago today that my father left us suddenly - yet his spirit remains in my life and in the life of my siblings and nephews. His example of dedication to his family, his commitment to his faith and everything religious, his hard-working ethic and his devotion to his duty as a policeman and as father, have always been the norm by which I measure my own life. I remember him writing to me one day in New York and telling me that the best thing that ever happened to him was meeting my mother, who became his wife for 54 years.
A family photo from 1963

In this post I share some photos which I never shared before, showing my father and family over the years. May he rest in peace, as he is united with my mother and my brother Paul in their new heavenly home.
In 1983 by the Big Ben in London, en route to New York

July 24, 1998 - their 50th wedding anniversary
In 2001 with my mother and nephews Peter and Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment