Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2 watercolors

Since I've been so busy in my new parish, I am waiting for a little break to start again my watercoloring hobby which I had started in 2009. But I share with you two of my recent watercolors which I did using the same technique. They are both country scenes, but I started by drawing the outline with a black felt-tip pen, and then I filled in the colors, allowing for some bleeding which created an even nicer effect. 
Many people who saw this style of painting really liked them, and I plan to do a few more in the near future. I am self-taught and other than a few tips from friends and browsing through books or some practical YouTube videos,  I just doodle and practice on my own, having finished close to 120 paintings so far. Click once on each painting to enlarge and enjoy it even more.

1 comment:

  1. Paintings are beautiful in their simplicity. Thanks Fr Julian for sharing...

    ReplyDelete