Sunday, August 4, 2013

My friend Jesus


I dedicate this prayer to my friend who is always by my side and in my heart, who is never far when I am lonely and confused, who always gives peace to my soul when I am troubled and frightened, and fearful of the future. I share with Him my deepest secrets, my joy, my sorrow, my accomplishments, my shame. He always understands. He never accuses or criticizes, but often suggests a different way of doing things. When He does, He inevitably prepares the way so it is not as impossible as I thought it might be. Over the years I have learned to trust Him. It was not easy. I thought that in following Him I would have to give up all the fun in my life, but I found that He is the source of all joy and adventure and, indeed, He turned my life into a great adventure at a time when I thought it was about to come to an end. I would like to suggest that He could become your Friend too, if you would like Him to be. Do not be afraid! He will respect your freedom and your independence more than anyone you have ever met, because He created you to be free. He just wants more than anything that you accept Him as your Friend. If you do, I promise you, you will never be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment