Friday, May 24, 2013

Freindship Bible quote


The first reading in today's Mass was from one of my favorite sections and books of the Bible, from the book of Sirach 6:14-15, also known as Ecclesiasticus (the book of the Church):
"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure. A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth. A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy."

And the photo I chose today is eloquently simple yet very effective. I never owned a dog, in fact I'm afraid of dogs. But sometimes they can also be the best of friends, thereby the quote "man's best friend," is so true - ever faithful and loyal. I've seen some wonderful dogs who are excellent companions, and once they get used to you, they will be friends forever. I mean forever and ever, and they never let you down or ignore you or fight with you, or turn against you. I heard it said once that a dog has so many friends because he wags his tail and his tongue. (Dedicated to two of my favorite dogs, Kenny, my brother and sister-in-law's golden lab, and Benny, a chihuahua, my secretary's dog)

No comments:

Post a Comment