Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fields of Lupines

Wild lupines with the Wallowa Mountains in the background

Towards the end of May, a miracle of nature takes place every year between the hamlet of Richland and the little town of Halfway in Eastern Oregon. Depending on how much snow we receive during the winter season, fields of wild lupines appear to cover entire stretches of land, and literally paint the fields in white, yellow and purple. With the Wallowa mountains in the background, still topped with snow, the lupines create a spectacular display of color. 

Fields of wild yellow lupines between Richland and Halfway, Oregon
So on my way to my mission church of St Therese in Halfway, every year I stop a few times to add to my collection of nature photos, and which I share with you today.  And then, a few days later, they're gone, only to reappear next year, same time, same place!

No comments:

Post a Comment